Thursday, April 2, 2009

Idea #1 - Install Linux


Just before the New Year I transitioned to Linux. I don't know why...oh wait yes I do...I did something silly in Windows and tried to fix it...which caused more damage...giving me an OS that was royally screwed! I decided then to try Ubuntu.

I'd tried different Linux distros
before (Red Hat, Gentoo and Suse), but I never wanted to give up my precoius Windows (go figure). This time I was more than happy to get rid of my sputtering hunk-of-junk Windows for a nice clean open-source OS. It was a long journey, including 2 fresh installs before I ended up prefering Ubuntu to Windows. I even made the switch at work too! One of the things I enjoy about Linux is the ability to tinker with it (hence the reason for the required re-installations!). It might even sound crazy but I enjoy working with the command line...that's right...text commands!

So if you have a struggling Windows install, just dive in and install Linux!

1 comment: